About Nancy Yen Shipley, M.D.
Dr. Nancy Yen Shipley is a board-certified orthopaedic surgeon, with additional fellowship training in sports medicine and arthroscopy. Her professional interests include sports medicine, arthroscopic surgery, injuries and conditions of the shoulder and knee, fracture care and general orthopaedic surgery.
Dr. Yen Shipley received her B.A. degree in Psychology at the University of California, Los Angeles. She spent time after her undergraduate training working in the snowboarding industry and event planning, before finding her true passion, medicine. She attended Drexel University College of Medicine, in Philadelphia, where she discovered her love for Orthopaedics. Dr. Yen Shipley completed internship and residency in orthopaedic surgery at Virginia Commonwealth University in
Richmond, Virginia, then completed additional fellowship training in arthroscopy and sports medicine at Orthopaedic Research of Virginia.
Dr. Yen Shipley is a partner at Multnomah Orthopedic Clinic. In addition to her her clinical practice, Dr. Yen Shipley enjoys caring for athletes of all levels, as a team physician for U.S. Ski and Snowboard Team, Multnomah University and Portland Interscholastic League. She has also been involved as a part of the medical team for track and field’s IAAF World Indoor Championships, the University of Richmond and the Virginia Special Olympics.
In her free time, Dr. Yen Shipley enjoys spending time with her family, snowboarding, stand up paddleboarding, playing (i.e. learning) tennis, and enjoying the great outdoors and the great food in her adopted hometown of Portland.
- Assistant Clinical Professor, Western University of Health Sciences, Lebanon, Oregon
- Member and official spokesperson, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Member, Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Member, Oregon Medical Association
- Member, Oregon Association of Orthopaedic Surgeons
Affiliated Hospitals/Surgery Centers:
- Columbia River Surgery Center
- Providence Portland Medical Center
- Plaza Ambulatory Surgery Center at PPMC
- Legacy Mount Hood Hospital